Who We Are
Right to Information
Internal Complaint Committee
Hindi Rajbhasha Vibhag
Activities of this Quarter
Eat Right Initiatives
Advisories / Orders
Third Party Audit
Register your Business/Association for Updates
Safe and Sustainable Packaging
NABL accredited laboratories
International Year of Millets
Reduction Of Fat, Sugar And Salt
Save Food, Share Food
Trans-fat Free India@75 By 2022
Subscribe for updates
Flyers And Posters
FSSAI - News
FSSAI Uncovers Stockpile of Expired Beer, Takes Swift Action against Violation of Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
New Delhi, 18th January, 2024: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in collaboration with Customs officials, conducted a joint inspection on Thursday, 11th January, 2024, at the Public Bonded Warehouse in Dwarka, New Delhi. The findings revealed a clear violation of the provisions outlined in the Food Safety and Standards (FSS) Act of 2006.
During the inspection of goods, it was discovered that a Food Business Operator (FBO) had a stockpile of 45 metric tonnes of expired beer of a popular brand, with an estimated value of Rs. 1 crore, stored in the warehouse.
In response to the violations, FSSAI, under the supervision of its Director, Northern Region, Ms. S. Vijayarani, took immediate action by seizing all the expired products in accordance with the FSS Act, 2006. The seized products will be subject to further investigation.
FSSAI is currently conducting a comprehensive inquiry into the matter to ascertain the full extent of the violation and to take necessary actions as per the regulatory framework. FSSAI’s crackdown underlines its commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of consumers, by enforcing stringent regulations and taking timely action against the FBOs who are violating the regulatory provisions.
Further, FSSAI encourages consumers to report any instances of food safety concerns to maintain highest standards of food safety across the country. The consumers can share their concerns related to food safety matters directly with FSSAI through a dedicated “Food Safety Connect” portal which can be accessed at
FSSAI - Events
1. Eat Right Awareness program at MMDU Mulana, Ambala, Haryana dated 18/03/2023 was organized by NRO, Ghaziabad with aim to promotion of healthy eating habits and millet through Walkathon and Street Play.
2. Eat Right Awareness Program at Bhaskaracharya College, Delhi
3. Swachhata hi Sewa Campaign dated 01/10/2023 (Sunday 10:00 AM) at Swarn Jayanti Park was organized by NRO, Ghaziabad in coordination with Jaya Prayas Help Foundation.
4. Soldier’s Startup Conclave-2023 at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi- dated 30 July, 2023 a Team from FSSAI, NRO conducted an awareness camp regarding promotion of FSSAI Initiatives.
5. Millets-From Farm to Plate-Awareness Program- FSSAI, Northern Region organized a millet awareness event based on the theme “Millets: From Farm to Plate” on 31st July, 2023 at Radisson Blu, Koushambi. In this event, more than 50 hotels and more than 200 chefs took part. Praveen Kumar Singh, the Agriculture Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, GOI, was special Guest.
6. Millet March Symposium: Nourishing our nation's defenders with healthy grains
7. Merry Christmas with Millets and स्वस्थ एवं संपन्न-2024- FSSAI Northern Region organized a millet awareness event based on the theme “Merry Christmas with Millets and स्वस्थ एवं संपन्न-2024” on 22nd December, 2023 at NRO, Ghaziabad. A millet based Recipe Competition was organized among the staff and their family members. Certified awards were given to the winners and participants.